8 Interesting Facts About Tea
If you enjoy a good cup of tea, you would appreciate these 8 interesting facts about one of the oldest beverages in history.
1. The Lipton Tea Factory, situated in Dubai’s Jebel Ali, produces 5 billion tea bags every year!
2. Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world. The first is water.
3. Tea plant needs about 50 centimeters of rainfall to grow properly.
4. White tea is the least oxidized one, hence it is light while the black tea is the most oxidized form of tea and has a more strong flavor.
5. The word tea came from ‘Tay‘ or ‘Cha‘. ‘Cha’ later became "Chai".
6. Traditional Tibetan tea is made from a combination of Yak butter, black tea leaves and salt.
7. The global tea market ranges as high as $52 billion! (As per Statista).
8. You would need roughly 4,000 tea plants to make a single kilogram of tea.
© Copyright 2021
SUMMER HERBAL INC.
All rights reserved.